Lighthouse Films, Inc. is a Wilmington, NC based company with global reach that touches all aspects of film: pre-production, production, post, and equipment. We are industry innovators, and our company is built on personal relationships. Lighthouse tells compelling, emotional stories that increase value and understanding. What sets us apart? Our creative, hard-working & passionate team that go the extra mile to help our clients while keeping the process easy and fun.
The Equipment Coordinator is responsible for and supervises the maintenance, care, repair, and efficient operation of all Lighthouse camera, camera support, lighting, grip, video, sound, production supplies and LFC vehicles. They coordinate all aspects of fulfilling equipment orders including preparing quotes, coordinating shipping, confirming orders, working with other vendors, building, and wrapping equipment packages. They oversee and organize the equipment and equipment prep/wrap/storage areas. They inventory equipment using Rental Tracker PRO.
- Oversee the daily workflow, scheduling, and assignments of the equipment interns and temporary, contracted staff in the studio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with Lighthouse production staff and clients to ensure equipment requests are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Test equipment to ensure it is properly working
- Pull, prepare, and pack equipment requests
- Ship packages when applicable
- Detail packages in Rental Tracker Pro
- Wrap packages when equipment returns
- Report, record and resolve all damages and losses
- Assist in preparing invoices
- Ensure that equipment rental clients complete Lighthouse Equipment Rental Agreements and any other necessary paperwork.
- Collaborate with Lighthouse Accounting to ensure quotes are accurately turned into invoices and inform Lighthouse Accounting when it is time to invoice or if there are any overages to be added to approved quotes.
- Coordinate cleaning, maintenance, repair of equipment and vehicles; create a regular maintenance schedule; sell equipment when directed to do so.
- Inventory equipment on a regular, consistent basis; make inventory reports available to the Production team when needed.
- Manage Rental Tracker Pro software.
- Tag and input new equipment; offload sold equipment
- Maintain online asset inventory
- Process returned equipment up to and including invoicing
- Create and implement rental and checkout procedures in collaboration with the production staff; adapt these when business requirements dictate.
- Oversee the organization of Equipment filing and e-filing.
- Represent the Lighthouse Equipment Department during Equipment Team Meetings & Lighthouse staff meetings.
- Perform the duties of Assistant Camera, Camera Op, Grip, Swing , and/or DIT on occasional productions.
- Stay current with equipment technology and trends to make purchase suggestions.
- Stay current with Lighthouse equipment technology to best serve equipment rental client questions & needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work occasional nights/weekends for scheduled “on call” after-hours equipment needs.
- Embrace high volume, fast-paced conditions and demonstrate strong judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude and ability to be flexible in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Be comfortable bringing ideas, recommendations, and concerns to management.
- Possess an interest and desire to learn about cinematic cameras and components, audio equipment, lighting, grip/electric gear.
- Ability to collaborate with other Lighthouse staff on and off set.
- Ability to maintain basic records and warranties, submit insurance claims.
- Ability to understand written directions in manuals and on manufacturer websites.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Rental Tracker Pro and related software as required to complete and maintain records.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the facilities.
- Must be able to access all parts of the company equipment.
Education And Experience:
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous film experience required
- Technical knowledge of camera, camera support, lighting & grip
- Cinematography/Camera Operator skills preferred
To apply, please email email@example.com with the subject line:
“Equipment Coordinator Resume – Your First & Last Name”
Thank you for your interest in our company and this position.