The Anton Bauer Digital 150 Gold Mount Battery (14.4V, 156 Wh), along with the rest of the Digital Battery Series, represents a major makeover for Anton Bauer, featuring a redesign in several aspects over previous series. The result is a long-lasting, sleek and ergonomic, smart, and safe series of batteries, projected for 1000 charge/discharge cycles. The Digital 150 runs on lithium-ion Sanyo cells which Anton Bauer has found to be highly reliable for them in the past. One of the major changes is a reconstruction of the honeycomb interior, built very spacious and housing the cells physically separated from one another, each individually wrapped in its own plastic case and isolated from the others. This ensures that any potential damage to one cell will have no effect on the others, huge for safety. The additional space in the honeycomb also serves to allow more airflow between the cells, effecting more heat dissipation, which will keep the cells cooler and protect them from aging faster.
The aesthetics have also taken a redesign, with the body shaped ergonomically for a comfortable hold and modern look, and the outer jacket made of rubber that provides a good grip as well as a cushion against accidental drops. The case is made of high-impact polymer, which is the same material used in motorcycle helmets. A P-Tap output is available for powering accessories.
- Lithium-ion Sanyo cells housed isolated in a spacious honeycomb interior
- Increased airflow and heat dissipation protects cells from aging faster
- Multiple sensors trigger an automatic shutdown when the battery is too hot or cold
- Addresses the issue of “ringing” with an algorithm that smoothes out the power draw
- Compatible with Performance Series and previous model Anton Bauer chargers
- Provides more and more accurate capacity and run-time calculations over the life of the battery
- Reports run time in hours and minutes when power is drawn, and as a percentage when no load is attached
- Ergonomically shaped; rubber outer jacket provides cushion against accidental drops
- P-Tap accessory port