The HMa from Lectrosonics is a UHF plug-on transmitter that accepts mic or line-level signals via a standard XLR connector. It has selectable 5, 15, & 48V phantom power and can be used when paired with a Lectrosonics receiver and handheld microphone – sold separately – in applications for ENG (Electronic News Gathering), EFP (Electronic Field Productions), interviews for broadcast TV, and more.
The input amplifier of the HMa transmitter uses an ultra-low noise op-amp for quiet operation and is gain controlled with a wide range dual envelope limiter. A 24-bit A to D converter digitizes the audio, and filters the supersonic noise above 21 kHz. The resulting signal is encoded with a proprietary algorithm to produce an analog data signal for RF transmission.
- Audio Input Jack: Standard 3-pin XLR (female)
- Phantom Power: Off; 5 V @ 18 mA max; 15 V @ 15 mA max; 48 V @ 4 mA max
- Battery: Two 1.5 Volt AA lithium or rechargeable NiMH recommended
- Battery Life: No Phantom: 5 hrs // 48 V on: 3.5 hrs
- Dimensions: 4.25 x 1.62 x 1.38″ / 10.8 x 4.1 x 3.5 cm
- Weight: 7.5 oz / 211 g with AA batteries